Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chicken Skewers Party

On friday, Kanako, Minami, Erin and I had Chicken skewers party as known as Yakitori party at Kanako's house. Yakitori means chicken skewers in japanese. It is one of famous japanese bar foods.
First of all, Kanako's house was so pretty. There were big windows, a large kitchen and a clean bathroom, and also there are a lot of cute stuff such as small light, candles, furniture and so on. I was impressed.
We made chicken skewers, bacon skewers, mushroom skewers and onion skewers. Kanako brought a small BBQ stuff for Yakitori from Japan, and that was amazing! The chicken skewers that we made were quite like served by a restaurant. Kanako also had made sangria before we came over. Her homemade sangria was fruity, sweet and awesome! And also, she had a lot of seasonings. Especially, truffle salt was really delicious. We had it with olive oil on salad, and it smelled and tasted great.
After dinner, we enjoyed talking and drinking together. This party was a good start of this long weekend! If I have another chance, I want to do it again. Thank you my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you Masumi, I had really good time with your friends. Thank you for invite me!
    I like that yakitori, truffle salt and yuzu-kosyo (I'm not sure, is it right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was Yuzu-cosho. It was also one of my favorite spices. You are very welcome, Erin. We had a good time, didn't we? Let's do it again :)

      Delete